Projects are coming

Pierre Ossman drzeus-list at drzeus.cx
Thu Nov 22 08:35:12 UTC 2007

On Wed, 21 Nov 2007 20:19:28 -0800
Greg KH <greg at kroah.com> wrote:

> One funny thing, a number of companies have contacted us already, asking
> for Linux support for their devices, only for us to tell them that all
> of their devices are already supported just fine, no new work is
> needed.  They were pleasantly supprised :)

I think such comments should be made with caution. In most cases where the vendor hasn't been involved, there has been some level of reverse engineering involved. So the driver can be based on flawed assumptions. Also, there's the issue of erratas. In short, just because we have a driver doesn't mean we don't want vendors to get involved.

Rgds
--
     -- Pierre Ossman

  Linux kernel, MMC maintainer        http://www.kernel.org