Passmark USB loopback test plugs

Greg KH greg at kroah.com
Fri Nov 9 23:22:00 UTC 2007

On Sun, Nov 04, 2007 at 11:30:17PM +0800, Peter Teoh wrote:
> At the drivers needed list:
>
> http://www.linuxdriverproject.org/twiki/bin/view/Main/DriversNeeded
>
> I saw one named as Passmark USB loopback test plugs.   Looks interesting for me.
>
> So my question is:
>
> a.   Anyone working on this yet?
> b.   Currently at the Passmark site, are listed all the windows
> drivers.    I thought of  just converting all those from windows to
> Linux - from those who have experienced before, any comments?
> (difficulties to be encountered, conformance to Linux kernel design
> etc).

Do you have access to the specs for these devices?  You are going to
need them in order for you, or anyone else, to be able to write a Linux
driver for the devices.

Also, you might not need a kernel driver for these devices, we already
have a usb-test kernel module that achives much of this already for
Linux and is very good for testing.