[GIT PULL] staging: tidspbridge for 2.6.38
gregkh at suse.de
Wed Jan 5 15:57:48 PST 2011
On Wed, Jan 05, 2011 at 05:47:47PM -0600, Ramirez Luna, Omar wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 5, 2011 at 3:18 PM, Greg KH <greg at kroah.com> wrote:
> > On Fri, Dec 24, 2010 at 02:15:43AM -0600, Omar Ramirez Luna wrote:
> >> Hi Greg,
> >> This is the first pull request of changes for tidspbridge driver for 2.6.38,
> >> I expect to make another request with at least one bug fix, but in the mean
> >> time here it is the content for this one:
> >> The following changes since commit 90a8a73c06cc32b609a880d48449d7083327e11a:
> >> Linux 2.6.37-rc7 (2010-12-21 11:26:40 -0800)
> >> are available in the git repository at:
> >> git://dev.omapzoom.org/pub/scm/tidspbridge/kernel-dspbridge.git dspbridge
> > Ick, no. Why did you base this on -rc7? My staging-next branch is
> > based on -rc5 at the moment, and I really see no need to merge the rest
> > of them into the tree for no good reason at all.
> wrongly though staging-next would be at rc7+ at the time you could
> take a look to the patches
Why would I want to sync it? You can (and should) always go off of my
current staging-next tree if you are wanting me to take a git pull.
It's ok if it is an older version, fast-forwards are just fine.
> > Also, as you did send this before the merge window closed, but during
> > the holidays, I couldn't get to it. But in looking at this, it's going
> > to have to wait for the next window, sorry, it's just too big, and too
> > late. You weren't expecting me to be working on kernel stuff during my
> > holiday break, were you?
> No I wasn't :)
> > So, feel free to redo this against 2.6.38-rc1 when that comes out.
> No problem then, but could you consider a 2nd pull with a compilation
> fix (which will be introduced in 2.6.38, right now present in
> linux-next), and a bug fix.
I'll always take patches for bugfixes, but please wait for after I sync
my current tree with Linus before I can do anything with it.
More information about the devel