[PATCH 00/22] Staging: hv: Cleanup storage drivers - Phase IV
K. Y. Srinivasan
kys at microsoft.com
Mon Apr 4 15:46:26 PDT 2011
More cleanup. In this patch-set we deal with the following issues:
1) While a Linux guest on Hyper-V can be assigned removable media
devices (DVD, floppy etc), these devices are not handled by the
Hyper-V block driver. So, we cleanup all the dead code
dealing with removable media devices.
2) There were multiple functions to retrieve information about
the device. Since much of the code in these functions were
identical, we have consolidated these functions into a single
3) Enable the ioctl code for handling HDIO_GET_IDENTITY
4) Cleanup the code for getting the geometry.
5) Cleanup code for retreiving device capacity; this has also fixed
a bug with regards to presenting physical disks to the guest
as an IDE disk.
6) General cleanup: simplify blkvsc_init_rw(), get rid of
unnecessary DPRINT*() calls, get rid of unnecessary code,
7) Remove all IDE details from blkvsc_drv.c.
More information about the devel